You can view this information under “Security and Data Protection” at any time.
1. Data controller/contact
a. The data controller responsible under the German Federal Data Protection Act is:
b. Data Protection Officer
Data protection officer
e-mail: email@example.com .
2. Personal data
3. Collection and use of your data
3.1 Collection of access data
When you access our website, your terminal automatically transfers data for technical reasons. The following data are stored separately from other data that you may possibly transmit to us:
- Date, time and duration of your visit to our websites
- IP address
- that has been assigned to you by your Internet provider
- the web page visited
- the user tool (i.e. web browser, operating system) you have used to access the site
- the action that you carried out on our website
- the terms you used in the search engines and in the site search and the search result
- whether a site was successfully accessed or not
- what information was called up (incl. downloads)
- from which server you accessed the website and the website from which you reached the current website
- These data are exclusively stored for technical purposes and are not at any time associated with a specific person.
The handling of your personal data for the purposes of providing this website and of communicating via this website are carried out on the basis of our legitimate interest pursuant to Article 6 (1) (f) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It is technically necessary for us to process specific personal data (e.g. IP address) in order to provide this website. In order for you to communicate with us, it is necessary for us to handle respective personal data.
In the context of the necessary balancing of interests we have balanced your interest in the respective privacy of your personal data and our interest in the provision of this website and the establishment of contact with one another. Your interest in privacy is outweighed in both cases. If this were not the case, we would be unable to provide this website or to react to your contact query.
3.2 Ticket Shop
3.2.1 Various data on the visitor are required in order to purchase a ticket from our Ticket Shop. The following mandatory details are necessary:
- Your name
- Your e-mail address
- Company (only for trade visitors)
- Address (place, street, house number, postcode)
- Marketing characteristics
- A password
These data are necessary in order to set up and manage a user account for you. Not least we require these and possibly other data in order to be able to respond to possible future queries from you.
We process these data in order to be able to provide you with the services of our ticket shop and to fulfil the respective contracts agreed with you pursuant to Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR. The data is also processed for the promotion of our events and services (on the basis of Section 7 Paragraph 3 UWG (German Fair Trade Practices Act)) and for optimization and for market research and opinion research.
Insofar as we, as described above, require your data for the purposes of providing the functions of our ticket shop, you are contractually obliged to provide us with these data. Without these data we are unable to provide you with these functions.
3.2.2 Furthermore, you can enter the following voluntary details in the course of your registration in your profile:
- Academic title
- Other title
- Company (only voluntary for private visitors)
- House number
- P.O. Box
- P.O. Box, postcode:
- Web address
The entry of these details is voluntary and not necessary in order to purchase a ticket.
The processing of this personal data is only carried out on the basis of the express consent you have provided to us pursuant to Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
3.3 Community functions
We offer various community functions on our websites. You can use these community functions to interact with other users. These functions include Matchmaking365 and ambista.
Pease note that these areas could, corresponding to your settings, be publically accessible, and that all personal information that you set within them or provide in the course of your registration can be seen by others. We cannot control how other users of our website utilize this information. In particular, we cannot prevent unwanted messages being sent to you. Content placed in the community areas can be stored for an unlimited period. Should you, at some future time, wish the removal of specific placed material, send us a corresponding e-mail at the address given above.
We collect all data entered in the context of the community functions in order to be able to provide you with the community functions as intended, Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
Insofar as we, as described above, require your data for the purposes of providing the community functions, you are contractually obliged to provide us with these data. Without these data we are unable to provide you with the corresponding community functions.
3.4 Contact form
If you submit queries to us via our contact form, your details from the contact form including the contact data you have provided there
- First name
- Activity related with Koelnmesse
- Tel. no.
- Fax number
are saved and processed for the purpose of answering your query.
We collect these data in order to be able to accept and process your query, Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
Insofar as we, as described above, process your data for the purposes of accepting and processing your queries, you are contractually obliged to provide us with these data. Without these data we are unable to accept and process your queries.
3.5 Registration as an exhibitor or a visitor
You can register on our website as a visitor, trade visitor or exhibitor. We process the personal data that you have provided us with in the course of your registration in order to accomplish this.
The processing of your personal data is carried out for the purposes of initiating, executing and winding up the corresponding user contract, Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
You are not required to register in order to participate in Koelnmesse events. You can of course also purchase an anonymous ticket at the box office counters on site.
Without registration, we are unfortunately unable to provide you with services such as online advance ticket sales or simplified repeat ticket sales, matchmaking, travel services or other services.
In detail, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- The purchase of tickets for our events;
- The redeeming of vouchers;
- The registration of future tickets “with one click.”
- The delivery of and payment for other services of Koelnmesse (e.g. trade fair directories and catalogues);
- Checking trade visitor status;
- Announcements, trade information and other materials concerning events of interest to you;
- The offer of individually customized services;
- Query regarding participation in our market and opinion research;
- The prevention or discovery of misuse and fraud, in particular in the case of vouchers and free tickets;
- If necessary, simple actualization of your personal data over the Internet.
Data collected subsequently is also assigned to your customer account. These include, for example, data collected when ordering a ticket.
We reserve the right pursuant to Section 7 (3) UWG to send you by e-mail information on goods and services similar to those that you have purchased from us. You can object to the receipt of such information via e-mail at any time. Every e-mail contains the information about how you can unsubscribe from the r